You are here
Analytical Programming Analyst
ASSYST is seeking an Analytical Programming Analyst who that will be responsible for providing detailed, high-quality economic and statistical analyses, and specific subject matter expertise
Required: Minimum of 3 years residency in the US and ability to pass a security screen.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Providing detailed, high-quality economic and statistical analyses, and specific subject matter expertise. Identifying, evaluating, and recommending ways to use financial data including interactive data, as well as providing expertise in data analysis; Developing analytical tools, approaches, methods, and models in order to identify trends, risks, or potential securities law violations in the capital markets;
- Masters’ degree or higher in econometrics, finance, or related technical fields such as mathematics, engineering, operations
- 7+ years experience in data analysis, statistical data analysis and reporting of research studies.
- 1+ years experience in operational or regulatory financial analysis at the SEC or Treasury or other financial focused federal agency
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques such as modern econometric methods, machine learning, multivariate statistical analysis, clustering and segmentation, experimental design, optimization and text analytics.
- Extensive experience in managing and integrating large data sets using a variety of software packages.
- Experience with Python or R and/or other scripting languages is required.
- 7+ years of programming experience using one or more of the following: SAS, VBA, STATA, MATLAB, Mathematica, Perl, R, SPLUS, Python, or SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL-type and non-SQL type databases
- Knowledge and experience in a systems environment, such as MS Windows, Linux, and UNIX, that facilitates manipulation and processing of data is required.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.