You are here
Application Developer – Web Accessibility
SUMMARY: The primary role of the application developer specializing in web accessibility is to design and develop web applications and interfaces that ensure Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Develop prototypes of new web applications based on documented requirements and WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards.
- Demonstrate the functionality of the proposed web-based system to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant web-based systems following agile methodologies.
- Create WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant developer tools to increase the efficiency with which all team members can bring increased usability and accessibility to our web applications.
- Mentor development teams through the implementation developed tools within their own development workflows.
- Mentor, educate and support team members in achieving WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliance in all web application development.
- Serve as consultant to partner technical teams as needed to advise them on bringing their products into compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, plus six years of experience in the development and design of web-based applications. At least two years must include development using AngularJS, Web API and CSS/BootStrap. Background in ASP.NET development is preferred. Experience working in K-12 environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively. Possession of a desire for self-development and continuous improvement is preferred.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.