You are here
Entry Level Configuration Management Specialist
ASSYST is looking for a qualified Entry Level Configuration Management Specialist to join our team in our Sterling, VA headquarters.
***This position requires an ACTIVE Secret Clearance or interim Clearance***
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Help guide engineering, software development and other teams through approved change and configuration management processes
- Track, control, audit and report on IT configuration changes and related activities,
- Support metrics and reporting
- Review and audit IT change management document submissions for quality control completeness, and adherence to standards
- Create and monitor tickets for team tasks, using BMC Remedy
- Assist in developing and maintaining processes, policies, Standard Operating Procedures, SOPs and other documents
- Support end users on approved policies, procedures and activities
- Other related tasks as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship, with active Secret Clearance (interim Clearance OK)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field preferred, but other relevant degrees will also be considered. Experience can be substituted for degree.
- One year experience preferred, in a job requiring to be detail-oriented and meticulous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
- Customer service oriented self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Quick learner, with strong research and analytical skills
- Strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office and aptitude for learning new software packages as needed
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM a plus
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.