Job ID:EG - DM - JavDev - 11212012
Date Posted:Wed, 2012-11-21 (All day) - Fri, 2013-01-25 (All day)
Job Location:Rockville, MD
Candidate must be able to apply technical knowledge to assist the customer in the development of Java-based applications. Maintain responsibility for the design, coding, and testing of Java based and Web based applications. Analyze user needs to develop solutions. Maintain knowledge of the Software Development Life-Cycle. Build strong customer relationships and be comfortable in a client site setting is required.
The candidate must utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
- Two or more years of product design and support experience
- Experience working with software design, software development life cycle, and development methodologies and implementation
- Working knowledge of Java script and JBOSS
- J2EE Framework experience including JDBC, JSPs, and Servlets
- Knowledge of Hibernate, Struts or Spring
- RDMS experience, preferably Oracle
- Hands on experience with SQL and PL/SQL
- Analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and programming skills at multiple product
- Communication skills to communicate with other application developers, customers, support personnel and management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess adequate oral and written communication skills.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance. Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.assyst.net.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.